Adult Volunteer Hour Reporting Link (Boy Troop)
Adult Volunteer Hour Reporting Link (Girl Troop)
Each family is expected to support our troop by volunteering a minimum of 10 Adult Volunteer Hours for Troop 288 activities per year (Nov. 1 - Oct. 31), and self report your hours using the link.
It is important to chart your volunteer hours. There are many ways to volunteer, here are some examples:
- Earn 1 hour by completing Youth Protection Training (YPT) - online training takes about 1 hour, and your family will get 1 hour volunteer credit per adult certification. See Youth Protection webpage for detailed instructions. Send your completion certificate to our Training Chair, Ms. Newgard, for troop records.
- Earn 2 hours by completing AB-506 Mandated Reporter Training - online training takes about 2 hours, and your family will get 2 hours volunteer credit per adult certification. See AB-506 webpage for detailed instructions. Send your completion certificate to our Training Chair, Ms. Newgard, for troop records.
- Support our Scouting program - talk to our Scoutmaster to find out what you can do to earn volunteer hours.
- After completing YPT, Mandated Reporter Training, and LiveScan Background Check you can talk to our ASM about becoming a BSA Registered Adult to help as a carpool driver on day outings, attend overnight treks, etc.
- Service Projects - Help at Scouting for Food, T288 Eagle Scout projects, transport chairs to our Memorial Day & Veterans Day ceremonies at Two Strike Park, assist with other community service projects on our troop calendar.
- BOR Committee - Help at monthly Board of Review by interviewing Scouts as they progress through the ranks. You will be matched with someone experienced.
- Committee - Serve on the Troop Committee.
- Assistant Scoutmaster - Help scouts accomplish requirements for rank advancements.
- Merit Badge Counselor - Help scouts earn merit badges.
At the beginning on November we begin the re-chartering process, if you did not complete and report at least 10 adult volunteer hours you will be charged $25. There will be no adjustments according to partial hours, so get out there and have fun supporting Troop 288! Thank You for supporting our scouts! Families that join the troop after June 30th will not be charged the $25 fee if they do not volunteer at least 10 hours, but we hope you try anyway.